Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mormon Temples are Beautiful Buildings

One of the most beautiful opportunities that our Father in Heaven has given us is the privilege of being married in His Holy House for Time and All Eternity.  This ceremony can only take place in one of the Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  These Temples are dedicated to the Lord for this Eternal Ordinance.  The Latter-Day Saint Temples are beautiful buildings.  They are a symbol of the great blessings our Father in Heaven has for us.  They also represent the commitment we make to honor one another and our marriage vows.  An Eternal Marriage takes work to keep the love we feel for one another alive forever and ever.





Temples of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints are not all the same design.  Rather Mormon Temples are built to compliment their surroundings and lift the eyes and spirits of all who view them toward heaven.





As a young bride I wanted a temple quilt.  So using a picture of the Salt Lake Temple I drew the design.  I made the quilt of white tricot and painted the Temple lines with silver Artex Fabric Paint. This temple feature a golden statue of the Angel Moroni on the highest spire and I painted it with gold paint.  I quilted around the outline of the temple and had sun rays and clouds to fill in.  

I then made a quilted bedspread showing all the Temples that had been built by the Mormon Church, or rather the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  At the time there were 18 LDS Temples in the world.  From pictures published by the LDS Church of the Temples, I drew simple line drawings of each temple the size I needed for 9 temples on the quilted bedspread top and 3 on each side that hung down and 3 across the bottom.  I made quilts for our parents and brothers and sisters.

So many people loved the patterns that I began selling them through Mormon Handicraft, which is no more.  Some of the temples I have now drawn on the computer, some I drew by hand and have not redone, some I have not drawn but will be happy to if given a couple of weeks.

Young men and women love having a quilt made by their family as a special wedding gift.  Consider how they would feel if not only it was hand made by loved ones, but it reminds them of the covenants they made in the House of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment